Great help for writers who struggle with “show don’t tell.” Reblogged from https://nicholasrossis.wordpress.com
In September, I published Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, I will be posting the book on my blog. So, here is the next installment, listing beats you can use to convey:
In a sense, this category is the flip side of fear and anger. Whereas people experiencing fear tighten their muscles and adopt a closed-body stance, untroubled people have relaxed muscles and an open body posture:
- He unclenched his fists.
- Her arms dropped at her sides.
- He unclutched his chest.
- He leaned against the wall.
- She folded her hands in her lap.
- She clasped her hands behind her back.
- He propped his chin on his hand.
- She rested her chin on her palm.
- She crossed her ankles in front of her.
- She stretched.
- He yawned.
- He puffed out his chest.
- She thrust out her chest.
View original post 300 more words