Another great installment on showing emotion instead of telling from best-selling author Nicholas Rossis. Reblogged from https://nicholasrossis.wordpress.com
Last month, I mentioned the launch of Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, here is the first installment from the book. It lists beats you can use to convey desire.
Many of the reactions mentioned in surprise, fear and nervousness may also be present with desire; for example, an increased heart rate; a reddening of the cheeks; talking faster etc. Here are some physical reactions pertaining to desire alone:
- A low and pleasant hum warmed his blood.
- Her brain fizzled.
- She forgot her left from her right.
- Her thoughts wouldn’t line up. Every time she tried to align one, it tumbled down, scattering the rest.
- She imagined herself melting, just sliding onto the floor in a puddle of hormones and liquid lust.
- Thinking about it gave her sharp palpitations.
- Those feelings took over and turned her…
View original post 903 more words