I have seen this movie twice. When it is available on DVD I will purchase a copy. It is the best movie on the power of prayer I have ever seen.
The movie brings out several points:
1) You can go to church and still not really know how to do battle in prayer.
2) A lukewarm Christian has NO access to God’s blessings. Rev. 3:16 says, “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” This is Jesus the Christ speaking.
3) When we battle with our family members we are leaving God out of the situation and trying to handle it ourselves. No one wins in these situations, and families implode.
4) God has given us weapons in His word to use in prayer to fight the real enemy: Satan.
5) Mercy and grace are freely available in Christ. It is our job to share them. It is not our job to try to change someone else, or to judge and criticize.
6) When you have a burden you really want God to handle, that you really want to change, you need to get out of God’s way and let Him handle it.
This is a call to arms for Christians. We fight the world system with prayer, compassion, mercy, and grace. We show the love of Christ instead of condemnation and criticism.